Saturday, August 25, 2007

knit a car


well, i'm completely freaking out. our home school charter program officially begins monday-as in day- after -tomorrow-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i'm not ready! school should not start till sometime after labor day! i'm having major anxiety. i just feel unready to tackle the new year.-i enter it with a sense of dread. i just want to unschool for a year and do nothing-except what we want! Liam is not the easiest child to home school-he's a redhead for crise sake-(BTY did you hear the NPR report of the rapid decline of redheads in world? something like 3% of redheads in the world-down from 10%-don't quote me on the fact!) anyway-carey was a piece o cake-i'm not comparing(well, i guess i really am-but carey is such an easy going kid!-liam is his own breed!) carey just started his sophomore year at bitney springs charter high school-his first shot at regular 5 day a week school(home schooled his whole life)-he seems to be sooo excited as he is super social-unlike the rest of us-just give us a rock to crawl under and we'll come out on the full moon-dance a jig and retreat for awhile. hermits unite!!
my new etsy shop has been fun-i've even sold a few things-halla-effin-luia!!!! i still have more to upload but just no time. my favorite merino roving sold-the one i was gonna save for me but thought-what the heck- no one is gonna love yellow as much as me-it won't sell, than i can use it when i have the time. the color just looked pretty in my shop. it was the first thing to sell-i sadly wrapped it up and kissed it goodbye-lesson learned. here's a pic:
inspired by my neighbors yard in spring. but i would like to give a big thanks to all that support my small wooly business-hugs to you all!

last night i had a slumber party with my dearest friends-J&S. beer, talk, boy george, tears, laughs galore, no sleep, cheese, bread-salami -that grossed me out. our schedules are so busy we get to do this maybe 4 times a year if we are lucky. i treasure these times-i love you guys! you help me endure life. we are like three happy hens when we are together.
i leave you with this image a friend sent me eons ago-meant to post sooner-thanks ken! it's a knitted car. click on link below. go gurl!
http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/about/news/default.asp?article=426

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I have noticed this month that blogs seem to hinge on the academic year. What does that say about bloggers?!

hk said...

I hear you on school starting. I mean not that I have kids but I work at the library and ours starts wed! So early! Right now I think I shelve for hours on end b/c everyone is returning their books before school starts.

*misshawklet

soxchik said...

I understand the school stress out thing. We started school on Thurs and I have been crazed ever since. Anxiety in my house is at an all time high during the first couple of weeks of school. You need to have a couple of those homebrews!

MX said...

The merino is absolutely beautiful; I love em both! And thanks for the sachet too!!

Jenifer Kolbo said...

My kids of course go to public school, and be thankful you have the patience to homeschool, because now they are selling bullit proof back packs...ITS INSANE>

i posted it on the blog....
makes me sick

Birdsong said...

Hang in there, grrl... we will have another knit and beer night soon!