Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year!

happy new year everyone from "wooly" at the "rebel hen ranch". did i ever mention that's what i named our little homestead? being that we live on rebel ridge, i thought it appropriate. it was named rebel ridge back in the civil war days as the town of camptonville was yankee-rebel ridge harbored the rebels on the outskirts of town. this does not make me a civil war rebel supporter-i am of the union strain. but i'm a rebel in other ways...so i thought i'd reclaim the use of the word "rebel."
the gurls are finishing up their molting and are looking so much better. and the eggs are slowly returning.

we celebrated last nite with a mellow time of pizza and a harry potter movie. which kept hubby and i from falling asleep before the big hour-well-actually it didn't work so well for hubby! blue loved his first new years and got really excited and barked in the new year!

my favorite knitted gift item i made this past year were the hemp dishcloths. i'm excited that each small skein of the hemp can make 2 cloths-i will have extra to make our family some. being that hemp is mildew resistant it makes a great dishcloth an doesn't fall apart as quickly as the cotton ones!!
i know many of my readers are book lovers! i urge you to check out Kelly*girl*knits blog as she has some great 2009 reading challenges! may 2009 be all you want it to be!

7 comments:

Birdsong said...

I love that photo of the grrls! I hope that most of your snow is gone and that the coming year will be a great one for all of you Rebel Ruffs!

Sharon said...

Great history lesson - thanks. I always thought rebel referred to you. It could, you know. One of my 2009 goals to get to a FFG event. I wish you and me wonderful things this year. It has to be better than the last eight!

Corwink said...

Your so sweet for posting about all the reading challenges on my blog. Don't be surprised if I offer to send some books your way. Happy New Year!

soxchik said...

Does Marcia Brady's autobiography count as real reading???? Your hens look so pretty in the snow.

Jeanne said...

I love your ranch's name and the pic of the girls!

Happy New Year!

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

Hey Steph! I'm still here, just distracted. I've dismantled the Litterbox and rebirth it to the sunny side . . . or at least trying. I'm grateful to be learning knitting as it's helping me with the puppy blues.

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

Miss you, too! :-)