Tuesday, August 25, 2009

that time of year.....again!

yes, it's that time of year again. happens every end of august! i must post a picture of someone freaking out. why? schooling begins. don't get me wrong-i love homeschooling but after months of doing non- academic things my brain gets mushy and lazy and the thought of starting school again is like dragging your ass out of bed on a cold, dark, winter rainy morning and you have clean sheets and a big feather comforter with a flannel duvet cover! i want to moan and cry-maybe become two again- have a good kicking and floor pounding tantrum.
but alas- i come to scenes put my big gurl panties on....and face the day! and try not to think about what i didn't get done this summer.

5 comments:

Claud said...

found out today that our school won't be ready the day after labor day. now we may be starting school half way into September...or later...duvet covers rock!

soxchik said...

Cool Roy Lichtenstein photo, I love Op Art!!!! And back to school is stressing and making me crazy too. I'm fine with the kids gone for an hour or two. Then I start to miss them and worry about things going wrong. So what's a gurl to do? I knit on a sock because that puts the stress to good use with nice tight tension.

And yes, duvet covers are awesome!

Birdsong said...

Love it! And it is sooo you:)

Sharon said...

Take one step back and take another look. You are privileged to have a full-time job as a mom. Your family is so lucky that you see this as a priority and can afford this option. Even though I only have two months of retirement under my belt, I am insanely busy and fully appreciate the demands on you. Being a mom at home is a full-time job - when will America get this????

magnusmog said...

What a wonderful commitment to your kids ( and good luck with all the hard work! )